Sucks to be us
One of the things that I really don’t like as a Nintendo Switch user in the Philippines is that we’re getting the short end of the stick in terms of features and services that we could’ve gotten if we just lived elsewhere.
One of these features/services is the Nintendo Switch Online App that we can’t download here. The app is pretty handy if you’re a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or Splatoon 2 player. But as an Animal Crossing player, this app is pretty handy if you’re into getting customized designs into the game just like what Getty is offering.
Thankfully, getting the app isn’t totally locked out to us since I’ve found myself a workaround to it (at least for android users).
Here are the steps:
- Download the APKPure app
- Go through the usual process of app installation on your phone
- Search for the Nintendo Switch Online app and install it
And viola! There you have it! You can now chat in-game via the phone (without going through the pesky chat features in-game) and get custom designs via QR through the Nook Link app found in the app. You can also message your best friends and check on your passport via the app as well!
Update: 04/20/2020 1:36 P.M.
For iOS users, here’s the list of things you can do to get Nintendo Switch Online App:
- Create a new Apple ID and set your country to the United States
- Sign out of your account from the App Store, Go to the App Store, select your profile image, and scroll all the way to the bottom to find the “Sign out” button. Once you have signed out, login to your new Apple ID and you can download Nintendo Switch Online by clicking here.
- Before your download starts, you may be asked to enter more information for your new Apple ID, such as a billing address. Search for an address of a restaurant or a shop in the city/state you want to get registered on and fill it as your billing address. For billing information, select “none”. If the “none” option is absent, you may have to purchase an App Store code online to enter for verification purposes.