It seems like Yahoo Mail is Finally catching up on the times with the recent update for their mobile browser to look sleeker than their previous version.
The new and enhanced mobile experience carries the ff. features:
- Swipe through your inbox: The ability to take actions on emails quickly and easily by swiping right to mark as read and left to delete.
- Customize your look and feel: New color themes with light and dark backgrounds that allow you to personalize your inbox.
- Get organized easily with folders: Beautiful sidebar menu with folders for easy organization.
- Never hunt for an email address: Auto-suggest your most frequent email addresses when you type the first few letters, so sending an email is faster than ever.
- Infinite scrolling inbox: Scroll all the way down your inbox without having to hit “next” to see more emails.
- Take quick action on emails: Easily delete, forward, reply and do more from the easy access toolbar once you open a message.
While these features aren’t revolutionary in terms of the current email systems, this is a vast improvement to the old clunky interface Yahoo Mail had.
For convenience, you can add an icon to your home screen that links directly to the Yahoo Mail mobile browser experience. By introducing smooth transitions, an updated design, modern fonts, and native-like interaction animations, Yahoo Mail mobile browser takes what users love about our app experience and brings it to the web. If you’re already familiar with the app, using Yahoo Mail in your mobile browser will feel virtually indistinguishable, letting you jump right in without missing a beat.
Another “update” is the new Yahoo Mail app, the Yahoo Mail Go
The Yahoo Mail Go app delivers the same stunning features enjoyed by our current Android app users, while keeping the RAM usage on devices below 50MB and the install size below 10MB. In fact, the original Yahoo Mail app is already extremely lightweight, so we didn’t have to remove major features to reduce the standard Yahoo Mail app size for Go. And we did not compromise on performance – the Go app uses the exact same architecture as the standard Yahoo Mail app.
If you have a phone with the Android Oreo (Go edition) operating system and would like to download Yahoo Mail Go, follow this link.
So far with the initial response, it seems that you need to uninstall the older Yahoo Mail app before the Yahoo Mail Go works. And the initial response has been bad for the new app. But it seems a finer more streamlined look, as long as Yahoo Mail in concerned.