Cartoon Network recently announced a new list of shows coming in from a new wave of creators that touted to tell stories that are relevant and reflective of today’s kids. THe new list of shows are as follows:
- Apple & Onion – Apple and Onion, the eponymous characters of Cartoon Network’s newest buddy comedy created by George Gendi, made their debut in a limited run last month. The show stems from Cartoon Network’s global Artists Program and introduces best friends Apple and Onion who have decided to leave their hometowns to experience big city living.
- Craig of the Creek – Co-created by three-time Emmy-nominated Steven Universe writers Matt Burnett and Ben Levin, Craig of the Creek follows the precocious Craig as he leads his best friends J.P. and Kelsey on comical journeys at their neighborhood creek, transforming everyday afternoons into thrilling expeditions through imaginative play.
- Infinity Train – With a groundswell of fan support of the original short created through the Artist Program, this mystery adventure created by Owen Dennis follows a precocious young girl named Tulip who finds herself on a train full of infinite worlds and tries to find her way home. Infinity Train is slated to debut in 2019.
- Summer Camp Island – In this wildly imaginative series based on an original Cartoon Network short created by Julia Pott, Summer Camp Island will unfold the mysteries that Oscar and his best friend Hedgehog encounter at a magical summer camp. Having completed a momentous festival run that included Sundance Film Festival, the highly anticipated series will premiere in Asia Pacific next year.
- Victor and Valentino – Created by Diego Molano, this supernatural adventure comedy follows two half-brothers who spend a summer with their grandma in Monte Macabre, a small and mysterious town, where the myths and legends of Latin American folklore come to life.
Meanwhile, aside from the new set of series, Cartoon Network is also returning these series:
- Adventure Time – Cartoon Network and Mojang expand their partnership with an original Minecraft episode expected to premiere later this year. In the special episode titled, “Diamonds and Lemons,” while Finn and his friends unite to dig for treasure and fight off enemies, they experience setbacks and creative triumphs in a fantastic new vision of Ooo. The series is created by Pendleton Ward and executive produced by Adam Muto.
- Ben 10 – Greenlit for a third season, Ben, cousin Gwen and Grandpa Max are ready for action that will be loaded with epic transformations, never-before-seen aliens and foes, and with high-energy vehicles to kick hero-time into maximum overdrive. New episodes from the current season, including a half-hour special will introduce the newest alien trying to invade Ben’s world – Shock Rock, who is looking to conquer the world and drain the planet of energy and resources.
- Ben 10 Challenge a live-action gameshow that tests the knowledge of the world’s biggest Ben 10 fans, launches in Asia Pacific in late 2018.
- OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes – With a console video game and a season two greenlight in hand, K.O. is leveling up with new adventures, threats and villains on the horizon. Surprise heroes will also make their debut alongside some familiar faces in special crossover episodes that will power up the action, laughter and comedy to the next level.
- Steven Universe – The three-time Emmy-nominated and two-time GLAAD-nominated seriesreturns this year with three all-new, action-packed story arcs. The stakes are higher than ever before for Steven and the Crystal Gems as they must face internal and external battles unlike any they have ever encountered.
- The Amazing World of Gumball – Season six of this BAFTA and Emmy Award-winning series from Cartoon Network Studios EMEA conjures up a new Halloween special, as well as an episode filled with music and dance. The season will continue the warm-hearted adventures with the energetic and fearless blue cat – Gumball – and his idiosyncratic family, the Wattersons.
- The Powerpuff Girls – As the original harbingers of girl power, the iconic brand has been an inspiration to generations of girls and young women since its initial launch in November 1998. Twenty years later, the anniversary celebration begins with a global rollout of new episodes, events and products that will continue into 2019. Fourth sister Bliss will also return later this year in a new episode.
- Teen Titans Go! – Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg may be heading to the movies for their big theatrical debut on July 27, but they will also be back for all-new episodes on Cartoon Network. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, season five of the Emmy-nominated superhero comedy is expected to premiere late in 2018 in Asia Pacific.
- Unikitty! – Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based on the beloved character from The LEGO® Movie, this sparkle-filled series will launch soon in Asia Pacific on Cartoon Network.
- We Bare Bears – Greenlit for a fourth season, the BAFTA and Annie Award-winning series created by Daniel Chong returns for ambitious adventures and more adorable baby bears. Set to debut later this year, the three bear brothers will have their funniest escapes yet in all-new episodes that will include holiday specials, a half-hour Halloween episode full of scary stories and a wedding where the bears come to the rescue as the best man.
New episodes of Mighty Magiswords and Clarence will also roll out through the year.
Meanwhile, we Cartoon Network is also bringing in a whole new list of digital experiences across the mobile, web and streaming platforms which are namely:
- Bloons Adventure Time TD – Developed by Ninja Kiwi and based on their megahit Bloons Tower Defense franchise, Bloons Adventure Time TD features the Bloon hordes invading the Land of Ooo! Finn and Jake will need all the help they can get to stop them. Players can recruit their favorite Adventure Time characters including Princess Bubblegum, Marceline, Ice King and more, as well as the monkeys from the Bloons TD franchise as they travel from kingdom to kingdom to send the Bloons packing.
- Ben 10 Alien Experience – Featuring the Omni-Enhanced Aliens of Ben 10 season two and synergizing with the new Playmates Toys Action Figures, this updated and enhanced augmented reality game will feature new gameplay, levels and enemies allowing fans to become Ben 10 in their own environment. Players can also use the camera feature to transform themselves into even more Aliens than before and save their own Omni-Enhanced photos and videos. Ben 10 Alien Experience is a free, ad-supported game and expected to be updated on all mobile platforms later this year.
- The Steven Universe Podcast – With 10 new episodes launching as part of the third volume available this July, The Steven Universe Podcastwill continue with an in-depth exploration of the people and places that make up the Steven Universe Each episode will include a close-up, behind-the-scenes look at characters and surroundings featured in the beloved animated series.