Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia has released the expansion of God Eater 2 with God Eater 2: Rage Burst for the PS4, PS Vita and Steam for the PC.
The game description says:
Taking place three years after the events of God Eater Resurrection, a mysterious red rain sparks a fatal pandemic called the Black Plague. With no established cure, this scourge has a mortality rate of 100% once infected. The player becomes a member of the Special Unit “Blood”, an affiliate of the Fenrir Organization who are sent to assist and investigate. Master incredible weaponry, challenge enormous monsters, and cooperate with a memorable cast of characters fighting for humanity.
The expansion brings in the various features (taken from the God Eater Wiki):
- Additional Story Content: In addition to the story of God Eater 2, Rage Burst adds a continuation to the story of Julius Visconti‘s fate. By exploring the Spiral Tree, there will be encounters with some Aragami never seen before alongside with new areas.
- Blood Rage/Rage Burst: By sliding an on-screen icon, numerous vows to select from and complete on a certain Aragami are shown. Upon completion, damage multipliers will be granted depending on the percentage accumulated alongside greater mobility (infinite HP, ST & Dash). Furthermore, a special theme will play.
- Variant Scythe: A new weapon type, Variant Scythes specialize in Sunder and are specially good at attacking foes from mid distances through their special actions; Round Fang, Cleave Fang and Vertical Fang.
- Skill Install: By accepting random occurences from a red indicator in the mission screen, it’s possible to accept “Special Duties“, which are rewarded with “Abandoned God Arcs“. With these, it’s possible to install these Arcs’ abilities into equipment. Skill effect varies depending on their level and low levels could be improved into a higher level by stacking two of the same skill. This system is called Skill Install.
- Personal Ability System: By spending Ability Points (AP) earned from missions, it is now possible to unlock new Personal Abilities which consist of new skills and buffs to existing attributes of allied NPCs.
- Survival Missions: Introduced in the original game as a DLC pack, players can go through a series of missions to defeat Aragamis. ‘Camping Scenes’ take place between missions where players can catch a glimpse of the characters doing various activities as they take a break. Survival missions have a stat meter called ‘Endurance’, representing the number of spawns each member has remaining.
Those who purchased God Eater 2: Rage Burst will recieve a free download code for God Eater Resurrection. Also, PlayStation versions of the games support cross saving.
For more info, you can head to the God Eater official website.