MediaTek recently announced its newest 5G SoC named Dimensity 800U. This 7nm chipset is designed for high performance and 5G+5G dual sim dual standby technology. With the Dimensity 800U, MediaTek helps the industry in rolling out 5G technology in mid-ranged smartphones.
MediaTek has always focused on enhancing the user experience with our leading semiconductor technology, whether consumers are streaming, gaming or taking photos, MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U brings cutting-edge, next-gen technology to the Dimensity SoC series, bringing MediaTek’s advanced 5G, imaging and multimedia technologies to high-performance 5G smartphones that deliver incredible 5G experiences.
Said Dr. Yenchi Lee, Deputy General Manager of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit.
The 5G modem built into the Dimensity 800U supports sub-6Ghz SA and NSA networks and technologies such as 5G+5G dual SIM dual standby, dual Voice over New Radio (VoNR) and 5G 2-carrier aggregation (2CC 5G-CA) giving users high quality experience with faster and more stable 5G connections. With MediaTek 5G UltraSave technology, the modem’s operating mode is managed based on network environment and data transmission quality, extending the battery life of mobile devices.
Built on the 7nm process, the Dimensity 800U delivers high performance while also minimizing power consumption. It’s equipped with an octa-core CPU with 2x Arm Cortex-A76 processors running at 2.4GHz and 6 Arm Cortex-A55 processors running at 2.0GHZ, offering incredible performance. Dimensity 800U also uses an Arm Mali-G57 GPU, an independent AI processing unit (APU) and LPDDR4x RAM.
MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U offers smartphones advanced technology to deliver incredible 5G experiences:
- Support for 120Hz FHD+ displays with high refresh rates for faster and smoother gaming and media streaming.
- Support for the HDR10+ standard for enhanced visual quality, plus the integrated MediaTek MiraVision PQ engine with HDR optimization for various types of videos.
- Support for flexible camera placement with up to 64MP cameras and quad camera capabilities.
- Integrated APU and ISP to provide a series of AI camera-enhancing functions.
- Support for voice on wakeup (VoW) and dual-mic noise reduction technology, lowering the standby power consumption of a voice assistant, and enabling it to hear clear sound regardless of external noise interruptions.
MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U will help drive mass market 5G smartphones and give users extraordinary 5G experiences.