Patch 4.1 for League of Legends: Wild Rift brings in two new champions, tank changes and of course news skins and events.
Here’s the skinny for the patch updates:
The new patch brings in Urgot the Dreadnought and Twitch the Plague Rat. For those unfamiliar with the two new champs, here’s their
- Urgot, the Dreadnought, is a monstrous mix of man and machine, who destroys the weak in the top lane with a mix of busted-up Zaun tech and good old brute force.
- Twitch, the Plague Rat, is a marksman whose attacks apply poison with every hit and has the ability to go under camouflage, so get ready to be super-sneaky. With Twitch by your side, you’ll delete your enemies before they can say “Cheese!”
Patch 4.1 brings in two new tank items along with changes to existing items.
- Amaranth Twinguard grants stacks of Endurance while the player is in combat with enemy champions. At maximum stacks, they’ll gain size, tenacity, armor, and magic resist. These bonuses last until you exit combat. Similar to Rabadon’s deathcap for tanks, Amaranth Twinguard is a late-game finishing touch that grants power.
- Mantle of the Twelfth Hour offers a lifeline for when the player is tanking a ton of damage. When the player’s health would be reduced below a certain level, they’ll heal for part of their bonus health, plus gain slow resistance and move speed. This is a great pick for champions that rely on being super hard to kill to protect their team, like Sion or Singed. With this item, they’ll be able to create space for their carries a bit more effectively.
- Searing Crown is a new burn damage item where the player’s attacks or abilities will burn their targets for a few seconds, dealing damage based on the enemy’s max health. Searing Crown can stack with Sunfire Cap, allowing for a double up on the flames.
- Abyssal Mask is being adjusted to be viable on more than one champion (Amumu currently). Specifically, through changes to its passive. Now, when the player takes magic damage, they’ll store a part of it. The stored-up charge will explode, dealing magic damage in a small area, when the player immobilizes an enemy.
- Force of Nature is also getting a new passive. Starting this patch, taking ability damage will grant stacks of Steadfast. At max stacks, the player will gain move speed and reduce all incoming magic damage. Stack duration is refreshed when the player damages champions, allowing them to be able to hold their own in fights for longer.
- Finally, Thornmail, Sunfire Cape, and Bramble Vest will get some small stat adjustments. Exact numbers will be made available in the Patch Notes.
Quality of Life Changes
In Patch 4.1, Riot has announced that they are changing how the account leveling system works.
Hitting level 40 in Wild Rift is meant to be an important milestone, and with so many of our players achieving it over the last year we wanted to provide additional ways for you to feel your investment into Wild Rift.
Once players hit level 40, we’ll unlock a “prestige” level system, where additional levels will give us “stars” that are showcased in their profile and other visible areas. As a player keeps leveling up, all their stars will show off their growth. We’ll be looking to add more rewards to this system later.
Ranked season 9 is exploring marvelous new seas with Glorious Armada Twisted Fate. With no shortage of warships and wild ideas at his disposal, there’s nothing that can keep this captain from greatness. So anchors aweigh! Set sail into ranked games to collect him from the Season Rewards tab. And fly some new colors with his Weapon Augment Upgrade in the Ranked Store.
We also have changes for the highest tiers of Ranked. Starting this season, promotion to Grandmaster will require 40 marks. That means the number of marks required to be in that tier will stay the same throughout the season, rather than changing based on the top percent of players in a server.
Additionally, promoting to Challenger will need at least 60 marks, up from 40 in previous seasons. To be in this tier, players will have to be one of the top players of their server as usual.
For Wild Pass Season 9, we’ve got a new hero to save the day… or, wreck it. Superhero Vi swoops in at the end of the Wild Pass, complete with flaming gauntlets and a cool secret identity. For an even punchier new look, grab her Ascended skin from the Wild Pass Emporium.
In Patch 4.1, expect the following events:
- Urgot’s Trivia: Complete missions to unlock trivia questions and test your knowledge of Runeterra
- Card Trick Chaos: An absolutely wacky event that features Jinx “helping” the player navigate an unusual event filled with difficult missions
- Twitch’s Ambush: A satisfying starter pack event for all Twitch players, both new and old
- NOVA Morgana
- NOVA Lee Sin
- NOVA Lucian
- NOVA Nasus
- NOVA Riven
- High Noon Urgot
- Arcade Ezreal
- Battle Boss Brand
- Birdio Galio
- Final Boss Veigar
- Cosmic Lux
- Dark Cosmic Lux
- Omega Squad Twitch
- Dawnbringer Karma
- Dawnbringer Yone
- Nightbringer Lillia