While it seems like this is the season where old games are getting the second wind (looking at you SF Online) and if you haven’t been paying much attention to the game news lately, it seems that Ragnarok Online is ALSO getting it’s second wind with the return of the game to the Philippines.
Last week, we were given the opportunity to sit down with the people from Electronics Extreme (publisher) and Elite GSL (Operations) And get the all needed information on what’s going to be expected from the game’s return. So before you head out and register here are the things we found out about the comeback of Ragnarok Online.
- Game is Free to Win (which means, it’s free to play with item mall, but all items can be earned in-game as drops)
- CBT will start on the middle of June
- CBT registration is now ongoing (head to this site to register)
- CBT servers are Thor and Loki (so choose between the two brothers)
- The game version will be Revo-Classic (more details will be elaborated below)
- Job class will start on 2-1 (meaning, the 2nd jobs are locked to Knights, Assassins, Priests and Wizards)
- Class 2-2 will be released within the 6 months after the game is released (meaning, you can eventually start with your Crusaders, Sages, Bards/Dancers, Alchemists, Rogues and Monks)
- The high classes will be released in the next 1-2 years (so there’s enough time to beef up the base jobs by then)
- Mobs will be returned to their “original” locations (meaning, the classic location of monsters)
- The game will now ignore level difference between player and monster mobs (this one I’d credit to ProtoX from 2p.com). This detail was the one I ignored, but actually serves as the biggest most important change to the game. This means that players can farm mobs without worrying about the level difference anymore in affecting the EXP gain from the monster you are killing.
- Elite GSL and Extreme Gaming promises bot free experience
- While botting has been touted as beaten, you can run up to 5 clients at the same time (I still don’t get why this is bad as people have been complaining, to those reading this please leave a comment so maybe I can understand better)
- As part of the Revo-Classic system, Morroc is back
- A large part of the map is open, Lutie, Louyang, Amatsu to name a few.
- Guild Wars will be released after the first three weeks
- Touts no IMBA item cash item
- There’s going to be a return to the Ragnarok World Championships
So far, that’s what we have right now, if I missed anything, feel free to reply to this post so I can change/update it accordingly!