Motive Studio has announced that the ground up remake of the highly acclaimed Dead Space game is now avaialable on the PC (through Steam and the Epic Game Store), and PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X | S consoles.
Dead Space was rebuilt from the ground up leveraging the Frostbite game engine. Remaining faithful to the original game’s thrilling vision, the remake offers enhanced audio and crisp, harrowing visuals that have been carefully reimagined to evoke a new level of immersion and quality. Additionally, Dead Space features key gameplay improvements including:
- An Enhanced Engineering Fantasy: Isaac receives an updated suit and upgraded arsenal featuring more detailed tools with improved effects and functionalities in the remake. Gunner Wright, the original voice of Isaac in Dead Space 2 (2011) and Dead Space (2013), reprises his role as the voice and now in-game face of the character (who was originally a silent protagonist), so players can now hear more from the embattled engineer via new narrative enrichments.
- A Fully Interconnected Ishimura: From the start screen to the end credits, players will confront the frighteningly tight corridors and shadowed hallways of the USG Ishimura without a single load screen or camera cut ever breaking the immersion. This enormous mining ship has been restored for the remake with new rooms, routes and obstacles while permitting seamless exploration with new UI map controls and an improved locator.
- The Intensity Director: Dead Space offers a beautifully crafted and equally haunting world in which players can lose themselves and truly feel the weight of every mysterious step Isaac takes. The new Intensity Director dynamically adjusts what shows up in Isaac’s path as he explores both new and old areas of the USG Ishimura. From Necromorph spawns to environmental effects such as light, smoke, particles and sound, no player’s experience in a room will be the same — nor will their own, if they opt to retrace their steps and revisit previous locations to find new experiences awaiting them. Isaac’s heartbeat, breathing, and exertions also adjust based on his stress level to provide players direct feedback into his mental, emotional and physical state.
- The Peeling System: Necromorphs, monstrosities unlike anything seen before, have been reconstructed around the new Peeling System, which introduces and allows players to interact with layered flesh, tendons and bones in new ways during combat. And while strategy is key, players will also experience increased opportunities for decision-making in how they utilize their variety of unique weapons and abilities to combat these horrifying enemies.
You can purchase the Dead Space remake on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S for $69.99 (eta. ₱3,811) as well as PC for $59.99 (eta. ₱3,267). Dead Space will also be available to purchase in Deluxe and Collector’s Edition for various extras.
- Dead Space Deluxe Edition is currently available for $79.99 (eta. ₱4,356) for consoles and $69.99 (eta. ₱3,811) for PC (EA app/Steam/Epic Games Store) which includes special offerings like unique suits and suit textures.
- In collaboration with Limited Run Games, Dead Space Collector’s Edition is currently available for $274.99 (eta. ₱14,982), while supplies last, which includes special offerings including a full-sized wearable Isaac helmet, CD soundtrack, SteelBook and more
Further, EA Play Pro* members get more in-game content with the Dead Space EA Play Pro Edition** – including a member-only Anodized Suit Texture, as well as the three Unique Suits and two Suit Textures in the Digital Deluxe Edition. Visit the EA Play website for more details on EA Play memberships.
For additional information and to stay up to date on the remake, visit the official website, like Dead Spaceon Facebook and Instagram, follow the franchise on Twitter and subscribe to its YouTube channel.