Experiencing the world of George R.R. Martin in tabletop form is not new to fans and those who are familiar to the franchise. With various card games and board games using the themes found in both the HBO adaptation and books for card games (which already is on it’s 2nd edition), board games and even a trivia game based on the TV series. However, there seems to be a missing element to the tabletop experience and it seems the the people at Cool Mini or Not is filling that gap with their latest project announcement.
CMON is announcing that a tabletop miniatures game based on the world of Westeros and it’s other nations is going to be on Kickstarter by the third quarter of 2017. The Tabletop miniatures game is a collaboration between CMON and Dark Sword Miniatures.
The game lets players take control of the armies of your favorite houses from the novels, which are represented by trays of pre-assembled miniatures out of the box and lead them into battle against their opponents. The news brief boasts that Battles can range from large-scale wars with hundreds of miniatures, to simple skirmishes between a few units without complicating the elegantly designed rules.
Some of the system teased from the game are as follows:
- alternating activations that keep the players engaged
- a Rank System that changes a unit’s capabilities as the battle rages on
- a Tactics System that provides strategic powers fueled by a finite resource each round
- Iconic Heroes, such as Robb Stark and Jaime Lannister
The first set that will come out is the Stark vs. Lannister Starter Set that already has a cover box art as seen below.
- Neutral Grounds Hosting Heroclix Battle Royale This Coming April - March 27, 2017
- The Latest Justice League Trailer is Making Me Hopeful for DC Movies Again - March 27, 2017
- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory Coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita Next Year - March 27, 2017
- Samurai Jack’s First 2 Episodes of Season 5 is Darker, More Mature and It Works! | DAGeeks Episode Reviews - March 21, 2017
- Sega Announces A Certain Magical Virtual-On for the Playstation 4 and Vita - March 16, 2017
- DC Deck-Building Gets Latest Crossover Pack This Coming March 22 - March 16, 2017
- We’re Getting A Song of Ice and Fire Tabletop Miniatures Game By Next Year - March 15, 2017
- Get the Mega Stone X & Y For Mewtwo for Pokémon Sun or Moon - March 15, 2017
- Pinoy Gaming Festival 2017 Summer Assembly Happening in April - March 15, 2017
- Relive Your Childhood as IDW Games Partners with Atari to Create Tabletop Versions of Centipede, Asteroids and Missile Command - March 15, 2017