Experiencing the world of George R.R. Martin in tabletop form is not new to fans and those who are familiar to the franchise. With various card games and board games using the themes found in both the HBO adaptation and books for card games (which already is on it’s 2nd edition), board games and even a trivia game based on the TV series. However, there seems to be a missing element to the tabletop experience and it seems the the people at Cool Mini or Not is filling that gap with their latest project announcement.
CMON is announcing that a tabletop miniatures game based on the world of Westeros and it’s other nations is going to be on Kickstarter by the third quarter of 2017. The Tabletop miniatures game is a collaboration between CMON and Dark Sword Miniatures.
The game lets players take control of the armies of your favorite houses from the novels, which are represented by trays of pre-assembled miniatures out of the box and lead them into battle against their opponents. The news brief boasts that Battles can range from large-scale wars with hundreds of miniatures, to simple skirmishes between a few units without complicating the elegantly designed rules.
Some of the system teased from the game are as follows:
- alternating activations that keep the players engaged
- a Rank System that changes a unit’s capabilities as the battle rages on
- a Tactics System that provides strategic powers fueled by a finite resource each round
- Iconic Heroes, such as Robb Stark and Jaime Lannister
The first set that will come out is the Stark vs. Lannister Starter Set that already has a cover box art as seen below.
- New Blood Championships Provides Amateur Dota 2 Players a Chance for Glory - July 27, 2017
- The Venice Film Festival in Manila 2017 is Now Ongoing - July 27, 2017
- Asiapop Comicon Manila 2017 Releases List of 1st Wave of Confirmed Personalities - July 27, 2017
- Mobile Open World Game Durango: Wild Lands is in Its CBT Phase - July 26, 2017
- Finally Found Someone | DAGeeks Movie Review - July 25, 2017
- MSI Is Giving a Way a Trip for 2 to TGS 2017 with their Dragon Army Promo - July 24, 2017
- Alodia’s Videos Spurs Players to Play Lord of Dice - July 24, 2017
- Lord of Dice | DAGeeks Game Review - July 21, 2017
- Cryptozoic Announces Three Board Games Based on Three Animated Series, Rick & Morty, Attack on Titan, and Batman: The Animated Series - July 20, 2017
- Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention is Celebrating it’s 10th Anniversary This Year - July 20, 2017