Marvel found the secret in linking its various properties from both big-screen to the comic books and to weave it into one shared universe. And it with the various Marvel series are also getting its fair share of fans, it seems that the only universe Marvel has yet to really cultivate is the game universe.
Unlike it’s comic, big screen and net series. The Marvel Game universe has been molded into a middle ground for all these current and upcoming Marvel titles to come together under one platform. The MGU which I like to call it has yet to reach the same heights as its brothers in the various visual medium, the MGU still has the come a long way from what it was.
A solid list of active Marvel titles
Within the MMO Industry, one of the definite signs that you the game you developed/published is still loved is the regular updates it gets from developers. The various current Marvel Game IPs like, Marvel Puzzle Quest and Marvel’s Contest of Champions, who has been getting a consistent stream of new characters being introduced into their game roster that are either getting their latest titles for the comic and big screen.
You also have Marvel Heroes 2016. Now on its third year, we are still seeing the dungeon-crawler like MMO creating thematic events that coincide with big events coming out for both the cinematic and comic book universes. You can even see hero packs coming out in celebration of the release of the latest Marvel internet series like Netflix’ Daredevil (and its season 2) and Jessica Jones.
In fact, another good indicator that Marvel is really getting traction even for those who aren’t geeks is the rise of Marvel informal versions, such as themed slot machine games. Great examples of the mix of virtual online slots with Marvel characters are seen in Slotsheaven where you have games that are themed after Iron Man, Hulk and Captain America to name a few on the list. It’s great that devs have stated to be creative with the use of Marvel heroes outside of the normal realms of geekery.
New Marvel Titles for 2016
Aside from the current Marvel titles out in the market. For 2016, we have seen two Marvel games come out various gaming platforms.
The earliest one is that of the Lego Marvel’s Avengers. Where we get to experience on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and the Wii U the zany and wacky adventures of the Lego version of our favorite MCU heroes. It’s an open world extravaganza that the Lego franchise is known for.
You also have the mobile TinyCo’s Marvel Avengers Academy where you get to build your own campus of superheroes. Avengers Academy has infused the addictive nature of the simulation genre with the infusing of strategic elements as you help our young Avengers navigate through their training to better control of their powers.
And we have the latest addition to the MGU, Marvel: Avenger Alliance 2. The sequel to the highly popular Marvel: Avenger Alliance, MAA2 builds on what its predecessor has left off. Dusting of the tired but still highly entertaining elements from the first Avenger Alliance game, MAA2 finds itself completing and developing what worked in AA and it has proven itself the shinier and welcome update to Avenger Alliance.
The MGU really is looking promising with more Marvel Characters coming out to play (like Doctor Strange) so it’s also an exciting time not just for geeks but also gamers who would want to finally bite into the Marvel Game Universe sandwich. So why don’t you try out and see these games (if you haven’t) and please do share your thoughts in the comments below!
- MSI Is Giving a Way a Trip for 2 to TGS 2017 with their Dragon Army Promo - July 24, 2017
- Lord of Dice | DAGeeks Game Review - July 21, 2017
- Cryptozoic Announces Three Board Games Based on Three Animated Series, Rick & Morty, Attack on Titan, and Batman: The Animated Series - July 20, 2017
- Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention is Celebrating it’s 10th Anniversary This Year - July 20, 2017
- Fatal Fury’s Geese Howard Get in On the Mess in Tekken 7 - July 20, 2017
- GOautodial Offers Enterprise-Grade Telephony Software at SME-Prices - July 20, 2017
- Bandai Namco Announces Gintama Project Last Game on the Works - July 20, 2017
- Trunks Enters the Fray! Future Trunks Joins the Roster for Dragonball FighterZ and Upcoming CBT Period - July 19, 2017
- Normal Quests and Battle Videos have come out for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory - July 19, 2017
- Rogue Life: Squad Goals’ Releases Latest Raid Update with Rogue Up: Rookies Event - July 19, 2017