Last March 8, IDW Games (the company that created other board games such as Back to the Future: An Adventure Through Time, The Godfather: A New Don and Godfather: An Offer You Can’t Refuse) announced that they have partnered with Atari games in creating the boardgame versions of three titles.
The three titles are Missile Command, Asteroids and Centipede. And based on the announcement, game designer Jon Gilmour, co-designer for Dead of Winter will be on charge of the adaptation with his team of “hand-picked crew of up-and-coming co-developers”.
According to Fred Chesnais, CEO of Atari, they partnered with IDW games because of the “fantastic history of bringing licensed products to market”
Currently, the first game to be released by IDW Games is Centipede slated for Fall of this year (around Q3-Q4). Their fanpage even released the cover box of the game:
- Neutral Grounds Hosting Heroclix Battle Royale This Coming April - March 27, 2017
- The Latest Justice League Trailer is Making Me Hopeful for DC Movies Again - March 27, 2017
- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory Coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita Next Year - March 27, 2017
- Samurai Jack’s First 2 Episodes of Season 5 is Darker, More Mature and It Works! | DAGeeks Episode Reviews - March 21, 2017
- Sega Announces A Certain Magical Virtual-On for the Playstation 4 and Vita - March 16, 2017
- DC Deck-Building Gets Latest Crossover Pack This Coming March 22 - March 16, 2017
- We’re Getting A Song of Ice and Fire Tabletop Miniatures Game By Next Year - March 15, 2017
- Get the Mega Stone X & Y For Mewtwo for Pokémon Sun or Moon - March 15, 2017
- Pinoy Gaming Festival 2017 Summer Assembly Happening in April - March 15, 2017
- Relive Your Childhood as IDW Games Partners with Atari to Create Tabletop Versions of Centipede, Asteroids and Missile Command - March 15, 2017