Last March 8, IDW Games (the company that created other board games such as Back to the Future: An Adventure Through Time, The Godfather: A New Don and Godfather: An Offer You Can’t Refuse) announced that they have partnered with Atari games in creating the boardgame versions of three titles.
The three titles are Missile Command, Asteroids and Centipede. And based on the announcement, game designer Jon Gilmour, co-designer for Dead of Winter will be on charge of the adaptation with his team of “hand-picked crew of up-and-coming co-developers”.
According to Fred Chesnais, CEO of Atari, they partnered with IDW games because of the “fantastic history of bringing licensed products to market”
Currently, the first game to be released by IDW Games is Centipede slated for Fall of this year (around Q3-Q4). Their fanpage even released the cover box of the game:
- New Blood Championships Provides Amateur Dota 2 Players a Chance for Glory - July 27, 2017
- The Venice Film Festival in Manila 2017 is Now Ongoing - July 27, 2017
- Asiapop Comicon Manila 2017 Releases List of 1st Wave of Confirmed Personalities - July 27, 2017
- Mobile Open World Game Durango: Wild Lands is in Its CBT Phase - July 26, 2017
- Finally Found Someone | DAGeeks Movie Review - July 25, 2017
- MSI Is Giving a Way a Trip for 2 to TGS 2017 with their Dragon Army Promo - July 24, 2017
- Alodia’s Videos Spurs Players to Play Lord of Dice - July 24, 2017
- Lord of Dice | DAGeeks Game Review - July 21, 2017
- Cryptozoic Announces Three Board Games Based on Three Animated Series, Rick & Morty, Attack on Titan, and Batman: The Animated Series - July 20, 2017
- Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention is Celebrating it’s 10th Anniversary This Year - July 20, 2017