Last March 8, IDW Games (the company that created other board games such as Back to the Future: An Adventure Through Time, The Godfather: A New Don and Godfather: An Offer You Can’t Refuse) announced that they have partnered with Atari games in creating the boardgame versions of three titles.
The three titles are Missile Command, Asteroids and Centipede. And based on the announcement, game designer Jon Gilmour, co-designer for Dead of Winter will be on charge of the adaptation with his team of “hand-picked crew of up-and-coming co-developers”.
According to Fred Chesnais, CEO of Atari, they partnered with IDW games because of the “fantastic history of bringing licensed products to market”
Currently, the first game to be released by IDW Games is Centipede slated for Fall of this year (around Q3-Q4). Their fanpage even released the cover box of the game:
- PASSION 2.0: Comics and Collabs in Times of Digital Media - September 20, 2017
- Get Hyped! We’re Finally Getting a Localized Kamen Rider Game with Kamen Rider Climax Fighters! - September 18, 2017
- Code Vein Releases Information About It’s Character Creation System and Other Features - September 17, 2017
- The World eSports Association Partners with Hi-Rez Studios for New Paladins Premier League - September 17, 2017
- Board Game Video Games: Better or Worse than the Originals? - September 17, 2017
- Globe myBusiness Academy is Offering Free Training for Aspiring - September 17, 2017
- Neutral Grounds Opens Up Pre-orders for Legend of the Five Rings: The Game with Bonuses - September 6, 2017
- Singapore Gets It’s Own Professional E-Sports Team - September 6, 2017
- ROG Masters Asia Pacific Regional Finals Happening in Manila - September 5, 2017
- Bring a Piece of The Walking Dead Everywhere with March to War - September 3, 2017